beauty for ashes


22 May 2011

I made it!

I am not a very crafty person.  I wish with every bone in my body that I was...but alas...I am not.

So you cannot imagine my excitement when I created something tonight!
Unfortunately, I was dumb and did not take pictures of the project.  But I will do my best to explain what I did.
I went to this site and looked at what they had created.  So cute!

So naturally, I ripped them off.
I started with one of Joshua's ill-fitting grey t-shirts.  I cut the hem off of the bottom and then cut horizontal strips from the bottom up to the armpits.  I think I got about ten strips or so.
Then I stretched them out so each curled in on itself.  I then looped it twice around my neck and took the hem to tie the pieces together.
I had a cute  pearl broach that I added and snipped the ends off the piece I tied it with.




I really like it.
Also, I made my son a bracelet from one of the sleeves.  Isn't he the cutest thing ever?