beauty for ashes


02 July 2011

Cloth Diaper Dilemma Solved!

So, in our teensy home we use every available inch as best we can.  And while part of the problem is that we have too much stuff, part of it is that we have a small place.  So, while we declutter and give things away, we are also trying to come up with space saving, creative, and cute storage solutions.
One of the areas we have been struggling with for nearly six months (I cannot believe my sweet boy is almost six months old!!!) is the diaper changing area.  We use cloth diapers.  And I love them!  But the shells cannot be put in the dryer.  They have to air dry.  And we have no where for that to happen.  I hesitate to put them out-of-doors for fear that they will get stolen, so here is my solution:



This was super easy and is really practical.  Here is how I did it:

Step one: assemble the supplies.  I used a piece of wooden trim that I picked up at Lowes, 12 clothes pins, and some yellow paint that I had purchased a while back.



 Also, we have recently been adopted by an outside cat.  We named her Nymphadora.  And if you know who we named her after, you are as big of a dork as I am...

 She supervised.


 Step two: paint everything the color you would like.   I kept it all yellow to keep it more streamline.  Jonah's walls are dark blue, so this color really pops.







Step three: hot glue the clothes pins to the trim.  I seriously love my hot glue gun.  So much I could not do without it!




 Step four: attach it to the wall.  I used Command strips picture hangers.





I like how it turned out!

Also, I got this sewing machine this week!  Hooray!!!

No comments: